Get to Know Your Destination with Local Favorites
What makes a destination special? Unlike other tour companies, we won’t settle for a cookie-cutter itinerary that follows the crowd. With Globus, you’ll experience your destination like an insider with our exclusive Local Favorites. Your expert Tour Director, Local Guide, and gracious hosts are pleased to introduce you to each destination’s hidden gems and traditions with behind-the-scenes activities. Check out the Local Favorites included in your tour by looking for the icon on the itinerary pages.
Experience New Locales Like A Local
- Toast jolly old England with a glass of champagne as you soar above the city on the London Eye
- Meet Iditarod champion Martin Buser and his sled dogs at Happy Trails Kennels in Alaska
- Dig into a traditional lobster & seafood bake on Cape Cod
- Spend time with a local family in their home for a glimpse into rural Peruvian life in a small Andean village.
- Enjoy a bush breakfast in the Maasai Mara of Africa
- Attend a Cape Malay cooking class and a walking tour of Bo-Kaap area in Cape Town
- Participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- Hop over to Kangaroo Island, one of the world’s last unspoiled habitats, to see Australia’s wildlife up close
- Visit a working coffee and macadamia nut farm in Hawaii to see daily life of harvesting the islands’ largest exports
- Visit the Whisky House at Gretna Green for a tasting and learn about the mysteries behind whisky production
- In Giverny, visit Claude Monet's house and stroll through the magnificent gardens